Summer Project 03 - Trim Sheets (19th Century Renaissance Furniture)


Goals for the project:


  • Understand the trim sheet pipeline 
  • Utilize Substance designer or Maya to create a trim sheet as well as tile materials.
  • Document and demonstrate the (Ultimate trim sheet) method mixed with (Worn Varnished Wood Master Material)
  • Create multiple 19th Century Renaissance furniture pieces utilizing the trim sheets and display the final results in UE4
  • Finally, Display the final model in a scene posted to add more action and interest. 
MileStone 02 (07-22-2018)

Took a lot of time and research but I am finally happy with my understanding of trim sheets as a modeling concept. To test out the pipeline I tried my hand at creating a quick and dirty version of the first dresser, utilizing the trim sheet and packed RGB uv2 texturing method.  Here are my results in UE4.


MileStone 04 (08-07-2018)

Here is the current state of this little project. I am pretty happy with the overall concept and think now have a good understanding of how the trim sheet workflow works. I want to try and push this further by supplementing other furniture pieces,

No comments:

Post a Comment